LIC is one of the most trusted insurance companies in the country. Today we are going to tell you about the Jeevan Shanti Policy of LIC, it is a pension scheme. Under this scheme, you can opt for a pension immediately or annually. LIC Jeevan Shanti Scheme provides future security to the customer through a pension.
The specialty of this policy is the pension received in it. Almost all people worry about their post-retirement expenses.
In such a situation, LIC’s Jeevan Shanti Policy will help to overcome this concern of the people. By investing in this policy, a person can arrange a monthly pension throughout his life.
A person can easily meet his post-retirement expenses. This is a single premium plan.
LIC: Jeevan Shanti policy
In the Jeevan Shanti policy, customers can choose any of the two options.
- Intermediate annuity: In this option, the pension is available immediately after taking the policy.
- Deferred annuity: In this option, the option provides for a pension of 5,10,15 or 20 years after taking the policy.
LIC Jeevan Shanti Policy can be purchased by customers both offline and online (www.licindia.in).
Individuals between a minimum of 30 years to a maximum of 85 years of age can invest in Jeevan Shanti policy.
Investment in the policy can be made from a minimum of Rs 1.5 lakh while there is no maximum investment limit.
Special Features of LIC Jeevan Shanti Policy
1. According to the LIC agent, ‘Jeevan Shanti’ is a very good policy. It is a single premium deposit pension plan.
2. Loan facility
3. Surrender policy after 3 months without any medical document.
4. Start pension immediately or anytime between 1 to 20 years.
5. The joint-life option can include any close relative.
6. Lifetime guarantee from 5 years to 20 years, the interest rate is 9.18 percent to 19.23 percent.
7. Income tax exemption will be available.
Benefits: Jeevan Shanti policy
1. In this plan, the customer has to invest once and get a lifetime pension.
2. In this plan, the customer gets the opportunity to choose nine different annuity options according to his needs and circumstances.
3. Customers can opt for an intermediate annuity to start an immediate pension.
4. After some time, customers can opt for a deferred annuity to start a pension.
5. Annuity rates are guaranteed from the beginning of the policy.
6. Loan facility is also available in this policy.
7. If the policyholder is not satisfied with the “Terms and Conditions” of the policy, the policy can be returned to the corporation within 15 days.
If a 50-year-old man invests Rs 10,18,000 in policy, he will get 65,600 annual pensions immediately. But under the Deferred option, he will get the following amount –
- After 1 year– 69300 annual pension
- After 5 years– 91800 annual pension
- After 10 years – 128300 annual pension
- After 15 years – 169500 annual pension
- 20 years later – 192300 annual pension
The important thing is that the above rates are guaranteed over a lifetime.
Who can take benefit of this scheme
LIC Jeevan Shanti Policy can only be taken by a person of a minimum of 30 years and a maximum of 85 years.
In the LIC Jeevan Shanti policy, the loan can be taken 1 year after the commencement of pension, while the policy can be surrendered 3 months after the commencement of the pension.
In addition to this, annual rates will be guaranteed while taking the policy for both Intermediate annuity and deferred annuity options.
This plan can be purchased through both offline and online mediums.
Various annuity options and mode of annuity payment are available under this scheme. Keep in mind that the option once selected cannot be changed.